Thursday, October 15, 2009

Too long....

Wow guys, it has been a LONG time since we have updated the blog :( Sorry!!! Hmm where to start....

August was a great month for us! We celebrated our one year anniversary, which made us think about all of the adventures we have been on over the past year....Crazy!!! Mark and I both spent time back in the States. I was there for a little over a month. Mark made it back for a very quick 8 days. Throughout the month we were involved with weddings, we gained an awesome brother in-law, got to see many friends and family members, traveled the Midwest, and got to spend time with our dog Kacey! It was nice to be back for a little bit but by the end of my stay, I was ready to come back to our home in S.A.

September was the start of Spring. I came back to green grass, flowers blooming, and warm weather! It was another great month!! We took in the beauty of South Africa by going to the botanical gardens, hiking to the top of a waterfall, and to the beach! Our friends and I took a long weekend trip and went over by Durban to a place called Tinley Manor/Beach. Eleven of us stayed in a beautiful house off of the Indian Ocean. I have never experienced the sound of the waves crashing 24/7...it was amazing. The dolphins and whales were also enjoying themselves as they swam past our house.....so cool to see! Pictures from the month of September are up....follow the link below.

The braai season has begun! Yep, I said braai (see I am learning Afrikaans!). It is similar to "grilling out" or having a "BBQ". We have spent many nights with friends at gatherings enjoying the warm weather and company while having braais. Did I mention how warm the weather has been? It has been up in the 90's....sorry to all of those who are freezing and sitting by their heaters! The rainy season has also started (which isn't as bad as it sounds)! The storms are very different here. It will be sunny and then all of a sudden the wind will pick up and it will rain for maybe 2-5 minutes. It has rained all night once or twice...which was needed! We did go hiking last Sunday at a place close to our house....it is always nice spending the day outside!! Otherwise, next weekend we will be taking a trip up into the mountains and staying at a place with a golf course, rock climbing walls, hiking trails, and more! I am thinking I will have TONS of pictures to share from that weekend and I promise it wont take us so long to post it this time!

We recently got a Minnesota phone number from Skype. This means you can call us from your cell phone just like you call any other number with no extra charge. If you are interested in getting that number, please email me and I will send it to you right away! (powalishamyl@gmail.com)
Link to pictures from our trip to the States:
Link to pictures from the month of September:

We miss everyone and hope all is going well!!

No comments: