Thursday, June 18, 2009

Amy's experience so far

Hello! I am going to have to admit that Mark has been doing all of the updating of our blog so far. Surprisingly, time has been going really fast for me. I love being able to be here with Mark. The country is absolutely beautiful and it is such a great feeling to make the people here smile! During the day, my favorite thing to do is sit on our balcony reading a book and looking at the beautiful mountains in the distance. I also enjoy going on walks in our development looking at the other amazing houses. There are several other wives and their families that live close by. Often we will get together during the day to do our grocery shopping and lunch. I have met a lot of great people here so far! I also have mastered (well maybe not completely) the art of driving here! A favorite thing for Mark and I to do is cook on our new grill and then have a fire afterwords. We also just purchased a ping-pong table that will be arriving on Friday. I am also in the process of setting up volunteer opportunities for me that would start in September. I believe I will be getting involved with the Down Syndrome Association and going out into the community with the SLP students from the University of Pretoria to get exposed to the culture.
More to come....

No comments: